PDO threads are used to improve skin firmness on the face, neck and often other parts of the body, stimulating the production of collagen fibres and elastin. When used with hyaluronic acid, they give optimal results tissues are sagging due to loss of subcutaneous tissue. (Improvement of skin firmness on the neck, chin, cheeks, and jaw line)
- Horizontal and vertical forehead wrinkles
- Forehead lifting
- Lowered outer edges of eyebrows
- Flaccid tissue, drooping eyebrows
- Lower eyelid – bags under the eyes
- Distinct nasolabial fold
- Lip-cheek groove
- Chin crease
- Marionette fold (marionette lines)
- V lifting
- Sagging of cheeks and the area under the lower jaw
- Cheek fold
- Wrinkled cheeks
- Skin folds and wrinkles on the neck and cleavage
- Firming and shaping of breasts
- Flaccid tissue and stretch marks on buttocks, abdomen, arms and legs
- Insensitive subcutaneous tissue and skin (after liposuction treatments)
- Obesity – arms, abdomen, ribs, thighs, buttocks
PDO threads were invented in Korea and very quickly became popular around the world, including in Europe. The concept of the treatment is very simple and involves implanting soluble threads under the skin. Gradually dissolving, the threads stimulate synthesis of collagen, fibroblasts, angiogenesis, making the skin smoother and more radiant. Wrinkles disappear, the facial contour is improved, the skin pores are narrowed, sagging tissues become strengthened – skin lifting takes place.
PDO threads are synthetic monofilament fibres.
They are made of a single bundle and have a uniform surface without cavities or furrows in which bacteria could colonise. The advantage of these threads is their very smooth passage through the tissues, which prevents damage to structures during implantation. The total dissolution time is 180-210 days. They have been used for many years, among others in plastic surgery, ophthalmology, gynaecology and general surgery. The material is atraumatic and neutral to tissues. It has no pyrogenic or antigenic properties.
Advantages of the procedure:
- No need for special preparation before the treatment
- Immediate results
- High efficiency
- No cuts or scars
- Threads are completely absorbed
- Repeatability of the procedure
- Threads are invisible and impalpable for the patient
The procedure is suitable for individuals who are about 30 or older, when first signs of ageing appear. There is no upper age limit.
Is the treatment painful?
The procedure does not cause pain, bleeding or swelling. The patient may feel delicate pricks, as in the acupuncture procedure.
When are the effects visible and how long do they last?
The first effects can be noticed after 2-3 weeks, and significant improvement occurs after 2-3 months, when new collagen is induced. The effect is long-lasting (up to 2 years).
Before the procedure, a medical consultation is necessary, during which the doctor discusses in detail the method and course of the procedure. The whole treatment takes about an hour (depending on the amount of threads used; on average, about 40-50 threads for your face). First, the treated area is anaesthetised with cream, and then the doctor implants the threads in the appropriate manner and place.
There are no contraindications to return to everyday activities. The redness that occurs after puncture disappears 3-5 hours after the procedure.
Contraindications and side effects
No side effects or complications. You can undergo the treatment all year round – sunlight is not a contraindication.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Open wounds or skin conditions
- Coagulation disorders
- Anticoagulation therapy