The treatment consists in introducing nourishing, moisturising, firming or brightening substances directly into the skin with a series of punctures. It increases their effectiveness as compared to oral administration. For optimal results, a series of treatments (usually 4 to 6) is required, one in every 1-2 weeks. The doctor decides on the type of preparation used after a consultation, having assessed the problem in each case.
Non-surgical treatment to improve skin condition. Most often we perform such revitalisation on the face, neck, cleavage and back of the hand. Needle mesotherapy is an excellent method to eliminate fine lines and skin flaccidity. The effects of the treatment are visible immediately.
Mesotherapy – anti-aging
- Skin revitalisation
- Skin laxity
- Anti-aging and anti-wrinkle prevention
Mesotherapy is a method of treatment of various skin diseases consisting in injecting small doses of medicinal substances directly into the target areas.
Many years of exposure to harmful environmental factors, stress, smoking, stimulants, solar radiation lead to adverse skin changes. Mesotherapy allows to reverse or inhibit many adverse changes and is a valuable component of anti-aging medicine.
Treatments are performed only by doctors. Not only the effect of the preparations, but also the puncture of the skin itself (several dozen to several hundred of them are made) are important due to:
- Improvement of skin cell metabolism
- Stimulation of fibroblasts to produce collagen and elastin
- Formation of new blood vessels
- Improvement of microcirculation
- Stimulation of skin regeneration – exchange for new cells
- Inhibiting the formation of harmful free radicals
- Proper skin nutrition
All these aspects are the advantage of injectable mesotherapy over the so-called no-needle mesotherapy.
The preparations administered into the skin are mixtures of drugs adapted to a specific clinical problem. Most often we use a mixture of vitamins, amino acids, organic silica, microelements, hyaluronic acid, plant extracts. Hyaluronic acid fills the space between the collagen fibres and binds water, so that the skin is optimally hydrated. Thanks to better vascularity, the skin is better oxygenated, lighter, healthier.
Is the treatment painful?
Injections are given with a syringe with a very thin needle every 0.5-1.5 cm. After the treatment, there are marks on the skin such as small points or a check pattern – depending on the treatment technique used. Depending on the type of preparation, marks remain visible for 6-72 hours.
The punctures are not very painful. If the patient has low pain tolerance, a cream anaesthetic may be used. It may happen that the needle hits a blood vessel, and a small bruise is formed. After the treatment, the skin is massaged, so that the ingredients injected into the skin are evenly distributed. They are effective even a month after the treatments.
When are the effects visible and how long do they last?
- Immediate results – increased skin elasticity, firmness and radiance
- Long-term results – corrects wrinkles, restores skin smoothness and density
You can have injections any time, but it is best to have them in autumn, winter or early spring, because the sun can cause discoloration at the injection site.
- Basic skincare
- Avoiding the sun, using sunscreens
- Moisturising skin
- Allergy, hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the preparation
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Skin inflammation and active skin infections
- Poor tolerance of the treatment (couperose-prone skin, risk of fibrosis)
- Use of antiplatelets (aspirin)
- Very rare allergic conditions manifested by erythema, disappearing spontaneously after a few minutes or hours
- Bruising, haematomas – the risk of changes increases if antiplatelets (e.g. aspirin) are used directly before the procedure
In you are prone to developing haematomas, we advise reserving 2-3 days off to bring the skin into shape – sometimes it requires absence from work or having the treatment just before the weekend.
Needle mesotherapy is an effective treatment that leads to complete biorevitalisation of the skin. The treatment consists in injecting active substances into the skin, if necessary at times hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring skin component.
After injecting these ingredients, the skin becomes nourished and rejuvenated and it gains lost elasticity. The needle mesotherapy itself is an utterly safe and very effective treatment method. Needle mesotherapy strengthens the skin, revitalises its surface and deeper layers. The treatment is used not only to improve skin elasticity, but very often to solve problems related to the treatment of acne scars or other skin changes.